Oh, those summer nights. Love is in the air, and you’re stuck inside the house. This weekend, get some chocolate and flowers, get outside, set a cozy scene, and screen a rom com under the stars.
This week’s #BackyardMovieNight: Summer Lovin’. <3
Go All Out(side)
You might not be able to whisk your SO away on a special evening anytime soon, but who says you can’t set up a little meet-cute in your own backyard?
Spend the day picking up flowers, chocolate, and their favorite snacks or takeout. Hang fairy lights, lay rose petals, get comfy seating, pillows, and blankets, and hang a big white sheet. Before your movie, project pics of the two of you from when you first met, and all your special and silly moments together.
View this post on Instagram
Have the Right Tunes
Have a playlist going of all of “your” songs. If you don’t have a bunch of favorite songs, find a romantic evening playlist on Spotify, Pandora, or YouTube. If you are technically inclined, try using a bluetooth or auxiliary speaker that you can also use for the movie!
Wear their favorite outfit
Maybe they haven’t seen you dressed up in a while. Maybe they like to cuddle up in PJs. Your call, just show them you thought about it!
Start the Show!
View this post on Instagram
With TiVo Stream 4K, you can find your shows on free, ad-supported services like Pluto TV, along with subscription services like Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, HBO Max, and on demand services like Vudu. Here are a few of our favorite spooky flicks showing now:
What to watch: Dirty Dancing | Where to find it: Prime, Prime Video, Hulu, Google Play
What to watch: 500 Days of Summer | Where to find it: Prime Video, Google Play
What to watch: Mystic Pizza | Where to find it: Prime Video, Google Play
What to watch: A Walk to Remember | Where to find it: Prime Video
What to watch: The Notebook | Where to find it: Prime Video, Google Play
Backyard Movie Night Checklist
Here’s a reminder of some of the things you’ll need to help make your Summer Lovin’ #BackyardMovieNight a success:
- Projector (there are tons of options available in a variety of price points either to buy or to rent)
- Screen: If you have a large wall, you’re set. If not, use a white or beige bed sheet, or if you think you might make this a regular occurrence, consider purchasing a projection screen. Fancy.
- Sound: Depending on your projector, you may want to set up an auxiliary portable speaker.
- Decorations and crafting materials: Lights, cardboard, markers and paint, and some imagination can help your vision come to life.
- Blankets and pillows: get cozy and have blankets on hand just in case it gets chilly when the sun goes down.
- Seating: Lawn furniture, piles of cushions, an inflatable mattress, or go all out and drag the sofa outside.
- A heads up (or invite?) to the neighbors. Don’t forget to allow for some social distancing if inviting others.
- Snacks: fresh popcorn and other munchies.
- Beverages: soda, water, juice, and hot cocoa if it’s chilly out.
- A day and evening free to set up and enjoy your perfect backyard movie night!
- A strong WiFi connection: make sure it’s nice and steady where you’re setting up your movie so you’re not bugged by interruptions.
Now get comfortable, the movie is starting!
Make sure to tag @TiVo in your #BackyardMovieNight posts on Instagram, TikTok, or Twitter! We may just send you a fun surprise.
Here are a few more tips for setting up a backyard movie theatre!
© Xperi. All rights reserved. TiVo, the TiVo logo, and the TiVo silhouette logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of TiVo Brands. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.