This month, use the hashtag #TiVotee for a chance to win a TiVo Swagpack.
Be a #TiVotee.
Just post a pic in September on Instagram or Twitter featuring your TiVo® or TiVo screen on your TV or device, and use the hashtag #TiVotee. That’s all you have to do for a chance to win a TiVo backpack and some fun TiVo swag, or to be featured on our social media.
The official rules are below.
Be a #TiVotee Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING
- Eligibility: The Be a #TiVotee Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open solely to individuals who meet each and all of the following eligibility criteria at the time of entry: (a) are legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia; (b) are at least eighteen (18) years of age; and (c) possess both a valid email address, and either (i) an active Twitter account or (ii) an active Instagram account. The following individuals are not eligible to enter, or to win a prize in, the Sweepstakes: (I) employees, agents, directors and officers of TiVo Corporation. (“Sponsor”), or the parents, subsidiaries, successors, assignees, and affiliated companies of Sponsor (each and any such an entity, an “Affiliate”), and of the respective advertising, marketing and promotions agencies of Sponsor or of any Affiliate; and (II) the “immediate family members” and/or “household members” of any of the persons set forth in subsection (I) above. “Immediate family members” shall mean parents, step-parents, children, step-children, siblings, spouses or domestic partners. “Household members” shall mean people who share the same residence during at least three (3) months out of the calendar year, regardless of whether related to any of the persons set forth in subsection (I) above. By entering the Sweepstakes, each participant agrees to abide by: (1) all of the provisions of these Official Rules, which are deemed to encompass (2) the decisions of Sponsor, which are final, binding and non-appealable in all respects. The Sweepstakes further is subject to all applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations. The Sweepstakes is void in Puerto Rico and wherever prohibited or restricted by law.
- Sponsor; Administrator: The “Sponsor” and “Administrator” of the Sweepstakes is TiVo Corporation, 2160 Gold Street, San Jose, CA 95002. Twitter and Instagram are not affiliated in any way with this Sweepstakes.
- Timing: The entry period for the Sweepstakes (a) begins on 9/04/2019 at 12:00:01 a.m., Pacific Time (“PT”), and (b) ends on 09/30/2019 at 11:59:59 p.m., PT (the “Sweepstakes Period”). To be considered a valid entry into the Sweepstakes (each, an “Entry”) and to be eligible potentially to win a prize in the Sweepstakes, an otherwise eligible entry must be received by Sponsor prior to the conclusion of the Sweepstakes Period, regardless of when such entry actually was submitted. Sponsor’s computer shall be deemed to constitute the official time clock for the Sweepstakes.
- How to Enter:
- (a) The sole method for entering the Sweepstakes and being included in the Sweepstakes prize recipient selection procedure described in Section 5 below, an eligible entrant is required to:
- (i) Visit Twitter or Instagram and tag @TiVo and use hashtag #TiVotee along with a photo of your TiVo device or an image of your TiVo experience menu (an image of your TV or TV Screen depicting the use of TiVo) on the Twitter or Instagram platform solely during the Entry Period
- (ii) (b) Limit of one (1) Entry per Instagram account or Twitter account for the duration of the Sweepstakes Period. If any Twitter account or Instagram account submits multiple entries on any platform, then all such entries will be deemed null and void and ineligible for any prize drawing or other prize consideration in the Sweepstakes. All Entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor, and Entries will be neither acknowledged nor returned.
By publishing and sharing a post on the eligible entrant’s account in the manner described in Section 4(a)(i) above, an eligible entrant will receive one (1) Entry into the Sweepstakes. Normal time rates, text messaging rates, and/or data rates (as applicable), if any, charged by the Sweepstakes entrant’s internet service provider will apply. Each Sweepstakes entrant represents and warrants that none of his/her published and shared Twitter or Instagram posts pursuant to Section 4(a)(i) or (ii) above will: (A) constitute a defamation against, or otherwise disparage, any person or entity (including, without limitation, Sponsor, or any competitor of Sponsor) or the products or services of any person or entity; (B) violate the right of privacy or right of publicity of any person or entity; (C) infringe, misappropriate or violate the copyright, trademark, service mark, patent, trade secret, or other intellectual property, proprietary or other right(s) of any person or entity; (D) contain any brand or trademark other than those of Sponsor (with Sponsor’s trademarks not to be altered or obscured in any manner and not to be combined or interspersed with any third party materials); (E) contain any material or words that are unlawful, obscene, indecent, pornographic, sexually explicit/suggestive, profane, violent, threatening, harassing, abusive, offensive, or otherwise deemed by Sponsor to be objectionable or inappropriate for public dissemination; or (F) promote discrimination, racism, bigotry, hatred, or harm against any group or individual. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means are void.
(b) There is a limit of one (1) total entry per Twitter account, or Instagram account during the Sweepstakes Period. No entry may be duplicative (or nearly duplicative) of, any other entry to this Sweepstakes, and no Twitter or Instagram reposts are permitted as entries. If any Twitter account or Instagram account (i) submits more than one (1) entry during the Sweepstakes Period, then all entries submitted from such Twitter account or Instagram account after the first entry will be deemed null and void and ineligible for any prize drawing or other prize consideration in the Sweepstakes. If an individual has received a prize in another sweepstakes, contest or other promotion which has been conducted by Sponsor (or with which Sponsor otherwise was involved) in the twelve (12)-month period culminating on 09/04/2019, then such individual (together with any other individuals sharing the same email address or living in the same household) shall be prohibited from participating in the Sweepstakes, and any entries into the Sweepstakes by such individual (or by another individual sharing the same email address or living in the same household) will be deemed null and void and ineligible for any prize drawing or other prize consideration in the Sweepstakes. All Entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor, and Entries will be neither acknowledged nor returned.
- Prize Recipient Selection Procedure: On or about 10/02/2019 (the “Drawing Date”), Sponsor (or its agent or designee) will select, by means of a random drawing from among all eligible Sweepstakes Entries received by Sponsor during the Sweepstakes Period (the “Drawing”), five (5) potential recipient of the five (5) “Prizes” (which Prize is described in greater detail in Section 7(a) below) to be awarded in the Sweepstakes. There is a limit of one (1) prize per Twitter account or per Instagram account. The odds of receiving a prize will depend on the number of eligible Entries received by Sponsor during the Sweepstakes Period. Within three (3) days of the Drawing Date, Sponsor will attempt to notify the potential Prize recipient (via Twitter or Instagram, at the username which the potential Prize recipient used in conjunction with his/her sweepstakes Entry). If the potential Prize recipient cannot be contacted within seventy-two (72) business hours after Sponsor’s initial attempt to contact such individual, or if the eligibility and identity of the potential Prize recipient cannot be verified promptly (and to Sponsor’s satisfaction) after such individual is contacted, then such individual will be disqualified, and the Prize will be awarded to an alternate potential Prize recipient who is selected by means of a subsequent random drawing (from among the remaining eligible Sweepstakes Entries) to be conducted by Sponsor (or its agent or designee) shortly thereafter. In addition, any potential Prize recipient may, in Sponsor’s discretion, be required to complete, sign and return to Sponsor an Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability (certifying, among other things, that the entrant meets the eligibility requirements set forth in Section 1 above) (“Affidavit”) and, if legally permissible, a Publicity Release (“Release”), with any and all such Affidavit and Release documentation to be completed, signed and returned by the potential Prize recipient to Sponsor within five (5) business days after Sponsor’s issuance of such documentation. If a potential Prize recipient fails to complete, sign and return any and all such required Affidavit and Release documentation to Sponsor within five (5) business days after Sponsor’s issuance of such documentation, then such potential Prize recipient will be disqualified, and an alternate potential Prize recipient will be selected by means of another random drawing, to be conducted by Sponsor (or its agent or designee) from among the remaining eligible Sweepstakes Entries. If a potential Prize recipient is considered to be a minor under the laws of his or her jurisdiction of residency, then Sponsor reserves the right, exercisable in its sole discretion, to award the Prize to a parent or legal guardian and/or to require a parent or legal guardian to complete, execute and deliver to Sponsor any and all required Affidavit and Release documentation.
- Potential Prize Recipient’s Compliance With Official Rules: Non-compliance by any potential Prize recipient with any provision of these Official Rules will result in the immediate disqualification of such potential Prize recipient from the Sweepstakes. In such a situation, Sponsor may (in its sole discretion), but will not be required to, select an alternate potential Prize recipient (i.e., from among the remaining eligible Sweepstakes Entries) in place of the potential Prize recipient who has been disqualified.
(b) The Prize recipient shall bear sole and full responsibility for any and all expenses, costs and fees in connection with the receipt or use of the Prize, which expenses, costs and fees are not expressly described herein as being awarded to the Prize recipient. The prompt reporting and prompt payment of any and all applicable taxes with respect to the value of the Prize, including federal, state and local income, sales and other taxes, are the sole and full responsibility of the Prize recipient. The Prize recipient may be issued an IRS Form 1099, and the value of the Prize may be considered taxable income to the Prize recipient.
(c) The Prize is awarded “as is”, with no representation, warranty or guarantee, either expressed or implied, by Sponsor. The Prize recipient is prohibited from returning, exchanging, assigning or transferring the Prize or from redeeming the Prize for cash; provided, however, that Sponsor reserves the right, exercisable in its sole discretion, to substitute the Prize with another prize of substantially equivalent or greater value if the designated Prize should become unavailable for any reason. All prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
- Release of Liability: By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees that Sponsor, Amazon.com, Inc., Sponsor’s parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and advertising, marketing and promotions agencies, each such entity’s respective officers, directors, employees, shareholders, representatives and agents, Twitter, and Instagram (collectively, the “Released Entities”), will have no liability whatsoever for, and shall be held harmless by entrants from and against any liability for, any injuries, losses or damages of any kind, including death, to persons or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in the Sweepstakes, or in any activity associated therewith.
- Publicity: Except where prohibited by applicable law, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes each prize recipient’s consent for Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of his/her name, address (city and state), Twitter or Instagram user name, likeness (photographic and/or simulated), voice, quotes, statements, opinions, biographical information, and prize information, for advertising, trade and promotional purposes, in any and all media (and on any and all platforms), whether now known or hereafter discovered, throughout the world in perpetuity, without any further compensation, notification or permission.
- General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of the Sweepstakes, if the Sweepstakes, or any portion thereof, is compromised by any virus, worm, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, mechanical failure, or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control that impairs the integrity, fairness, safety, security or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, exercisable in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual(s) it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in any unsportsmanlike, abusive, harassing, threatening or disruptive manner, and all associated Entries will be void. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and/or civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from and against any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any provision of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of the individual submitting a particular Sweepstakes Entry, then the verified account holder of (a) the Twitter account associated with the post-Entry was shared or (b) the Instagram account from which such post-Entry was shared, shall be deemed to be the Sweepstakes participant. In the event Sponsor is prevented from awarding a prize or from continuing with the Sweepstakes as contemplated herein by any event, including but not limited to fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health or other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or stoppage or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or insurrection, any federal, state or local government law, order or regulation, public health crisis (e.g., SARS), order of any court having jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor’s control (each, a “Force Majeure” event or occurrence), then subject solely to any governmental approval which may be required, Sponsor shall have the right, with or without notice, to modify, suspend or terminate the Sweepstakes or any affected portion(s) of the Sweepstakes.
- Limitations of Liability: The Released Entities are not responsible for: (a) any incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information, whether caused by website users, tampering, hacking, or any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (b) lost, interrupted, inaccessible or unavailable network, server, ISP, website or other connections; computer or other technical miscommunications or failures; failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions or lines; jumbled, scrambled, delayed, indecipherable or misdirected transmissions; or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties; (c) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the Sweepstakes; (d) errors or difficulties of any kind, whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise, relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, any error or difficulty which may occur in the operation or administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of Entries, the announcement of the Prize, or the copy of any Sweepstakes-related materials; (e) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from an entrant’s (i) participation in the Sweepstakes or (ii) receipt or use or misuse of any prize; or (f) lost, late, incomplete, inaccurate, stolen, misdirected, undelivered, garbled, illegible, unintelligible, indecipherable or invalid Entries
- Disputes: Except where prohibited by applicable law, each entrant into the Sweepstakes agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, demands, actions, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes, or any prize awarded in the Sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Northern District of California or the appropriate California State Court located in Santa Clara County, California, U.S.A. (and each entrant hereby submits to the exclusive personal and subject matter jurisdiction and exclusive venue of such courts); (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; (c) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award(s) for, and each entrant irrevocably and in perpetuity waives any and all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, exemplary, special, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; and (d) each entrant irrevocably and in perpetuity waives any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or of the respective rights and obligations of the entrants and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed exclusively by, and construed exclusively in accordance with, (i) the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or principles (whether of the State of California or of any other jurisdiction) which would result in the application of the state laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California, and (ii) the federal laws of the United States of America.
- Sweepstakes Results: The name of the Prize recipient in the Sweepstakes may be obtained after 10/05/2019 by sending an email, with “#TiVotee Sweepstakes winners” in the “Subject” line, to: email@example.com. Requests for the Prize recipient’s name must be received by no later than 10/05/2019 .
© 2019 TiVo Corporation. All rights reserved.
No purchase necessary to enter or to win. Void where prohibited. Open to legal residents of the United States and the District of Columbia who are at least 18 years of age at the time of entry and who possess a valid email address and an active Twitter or Instagram account. Sweepstakes Entry Period begins at 12:00:01 a.m., Pacific Time (“PT”), on 9/04/2019 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m., PT, on 9/30/2019. For complete Official Rules, including entry instructions and prize details, visit https://blog.tivo.com/2019/09/this-month-use-the-hashtag-tivotee-for-a-chance-to-win-a-tivo-swagpack/. Sponsor: TiVo Corporation.