TiVo Releases Revamped Video Trends Report
Today TiVo released a retooled version of its video trends report, which is now a biannual presentation of findings from consumer opinion surveys of 4,000+ viewers in the U.S. and Canada.
The Video Trends Report: January 2019 explores preferences in pay-TV, à la carte bundling, SVOD and free OTT video services, including:
- How the average viewer interacts with various services
- Changes in the pay-TV subscriber base
- Viewer satisfaction with video content
- Sentiments regarding personalized recommendations
- Voice search usage
- Consumer feedback on key genres and content types
Survey findings reveal the number of video services used by the average viewer has increased by 26 percent since 2017. Further:
- 30+ percent of respondents currently do not or never did use any major monthly OTT/SVOD service
- ~18 percent of respondents plan to cut the cord
- The average age of “cord-nevers” is 37.3; “cord-onlys” are significantly older (average age 52.8)
- 35 percent of non-pay-TV viewers said they were “very satisfied” with free online video services
See page 2 for related report findings.
When it comes to content personalization features, among respondents:
- Awareness of and satisfaction with pay-TV content recommendations have increased significantly year over year
- 36 percent describe their personalized recommendations as “always accurate”
- Pay-TV voice search usage is up more than 27 percent YoY
- Personalized category search usage rose almost 20 percent YoY
See page 15 for related report findings.
For these insights and more, download the report now.
© 2019 TiVo Corporation. All Rights Reserved. TiVo and the TiVo logo are registered trademarks of TiVo Corporation and its subsidiaries worldwide.