Top Moments: The 2014 World Series®!
Last night San Francisco brought it home, and oh, it’s all because of Taylor Swift! In 2010 the Giants won their first World Series title since relocating to the Bay Area, and Taylor Swift dropped an album. Ever since, every Taylor Swift album release gracefully accompanied a Giants World Series title. Coincidence? No way!
The World Series left fans of both teams on the edge of their seats, with the game running until the 9th inning of game 7. Although game 7 could have been anyone’s, the Giants took the title. If you missed any action from the series, don’t worry; TiVo has you covered. Check out the Top Ten World Series Moments here:
- Game 7: 11:21pm – As the tying run stands ninety feet away from home plate, Madison Bumgarner throws his 185th pitch in four days, inducing Salvador Perez to pop out to Pablo Sandoval for the final out of the series.
- Game 7: 11:18pm – What should have been a routine single to centerfield off the bat of Alex Gordon gets by the centerfielder Gregor Blanco, and the Royals have the tying run at third base with two outs in the bottom of the ninth.
- Game 4: 11:02pm – With the game knotted up in a 4-4 tie, the Giants load the bases with two outs in the bottom of the 6th, and Pablo Sandoval singles over the outstretched arm of Omar Infante to score Gregor Blanco and Buster Posey, giving the Giants their first lead since the 3rd inning.
- Game 3: 11:25pm – With the Royals clinging to a tenuous one-run lead in the bottom of the ninth and every pitch carrying the weight of game three on its stitches, Royals pitcher Greg Holland has a 1-2-3 inning, inducing Hunter Pence to hit a comebacker to the mound for the final out.
- Game 2: 10:31pm – Omar Infante crushes a pitch from Giants rookie Hunter Strickland for a two-run homer, giving the Royals a 7-2 lead, but then it gets interesting. Strickland begins screaming on the mound, apparently yelling at himself. Salvador Perez, who was at second base for the Royals, begins yelling back at Strickland as Perez crosses home plate. Both benches clear, order is restored, and Strickland apologizes the next day.
- Game 3: 11:08pm – The Royals’ 8th inning setup man extraordinaire, Wade Davis, holds the 3-2 lead by getting Joe Panik to strike out in the bottom of the inning for the third out.
- Game 6: 9:07pm – Having already built a 4-0 lead in the second inning, the Royals’ Hosmer doubles to centerfield, driving in two more runs for a 6-0 lead over the Giants.
- Game 1: 9:21pm – Madison Bumgarner faces his only real threat in Game 1. With the bases loaded and two outs in the bottom of the third and the Giants leading 3-0, Bumgarner ends the inning by inducing Eric Hosmer, on the first pitch, to ground the ball to second baseman Joe Panik.
- Game 2: 10:18pm – In the bottom of the 6th, and the game locked in a 2-2 tie, Jean Machi relieves Giants starter Jake Peavy with two on and nobody out. Billy Butler rips a single into left field and Lorenzo Cain flies around third base and scores, giving the Royals a 3-2 lead.
- Game 4: 10:36pm – In the bottom of the 5th, with the Royals clinging to a one-run lead, the Giants load the bases with one out and Juan Perez at the plate. Perez hits a bloop single to centerfield and Jarrod Dyson makes an incredible diving catch, only to find that Hunter Pence has tagged up at third base and scored the tying run before Dyson can spin around and relay the ball into the infield.
Want to really feel like you didn’t miss a beat? Check out the most engaging ads from the series as well:
|Rank||Game||Time||Advertiser||Spot||Spot Length||Pod Position|
|1||2||10:19pm||AT&T||James Van Der Beek||30 seconds||1|
|2||5||10:25pm||Chevrolet||Mo’ne Davis||60 seconds||1|
|3||6||9:52pm||New Line Cinema||Dumb and Dumber To||30 seconds||4|
|4||7||10:43pm||Twentieth Century Fox||Exodus: Gods and Kings||30 seconds||1|
|5||2||9:49pm||Sony Pictures||Fury||15 seconds||6|
|6||2||10:56pm||Paramount Pictures||Interstellar||30 seconds||4|
|7||2||11:10pm||Chevrolet||Mo’ne Davis||60 seconds||2|
|8||1||8:47pm||Budweiser||Friends are waiting||30 seconds||1|
|9||1||9:45pm||vivofit||Get Moving||30 seconds||2|
|10||2||9:06pm||MasterCard||MLB surprise||30 seconds||4|
World Series is a registered trademark of Major League Baseball Properties, Inc. (“MLB”). MLB is not affiliated with TiVo and does not endorse TiVo products or services.