Sound of Music Live! Top Moments
Do-Re-Mi-Fa-So-Carrie! Last night NBC presented us with something unique to watch as they Carried out a live three-hour Sound of Music special, based off of the Broadway production, starring Carrie Underwood as the beloved Maria von Trapp. It was the first time in 50 years that a show like this was done live. Following the performance the 30 year old country star tweeted “Glory to God tonight…I couldn’t be more proud. What a tough thing to pull off and we did it! I am so blessed!!!” Twitter circulated with positive and negative feedback; some fans felt the 1960’s version of the musical was best left alone while others felt the adaptation was fitting for a younger audience.
Good or bad, people tuned in to see a very rare form of entertainment last night. TiVo Research and Analytics took the time to gather TiVo’s top 5 most watched moments:
- 8:38pm – Maria and the von Trapp children sing “Do-Re-Mi”.
- 8:54pm – Maria sings “The Lonely Goatherd” to calm the children down during the storm.
- 8:05pm – Carrie Underwood as Maria makes her first appearance on screen singing the title song.
- 9:16pm – Captain von Trapp joins in singing “The Sound of Music” with the children while they are serenading Elsa Schrader.
- 10:58pm – As the nuns in the Abbey sing “Climb Ev’ry Mountain”, Maria and the von Trapp family flee over the Alps to escape the Nazis.