A sudden-death overtime win, the biggest comeback in NFL Championship history, dancing drones, Lady Gaga’s stadium dive, a dramatic reading of *NSYNC lyrics … and Peggy (+ Broadway’s Hamilton other two original Schuyler Sisters) – Tom Brady’s historic night had it all.
The Big Game was a thrilling spectacle, from Atlanta’s early dominance to the Patriots’ 1-yard touchdown with 57 seconds on the clock – “game change” personified. Here are the top 10 commercials:
- Bai Brands – Bai Bai Bai
- Kia – Hero’s Journey
- It’s a 10 Haircare – It’s a 10 Haircare
- T-Mobile – It’s All That and More
- Honda – Yearbooks
- Anheuser-Busch – Born the Hard Way
- Paramount – Transformers: The Last Knight
- General Motors – If That’s a Buick
- Disney – Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales
- Wonderful Company – Ernie Gets Physical
For the seventh consecutive year, TiVo found viewership for the halftime show exceeding that of the overall game. Lady Gaga’s high-energy pyrotechnic showcase ended with a theatric mic drop and jump off the stage, which was the top moment of the broadcast. Based on data from the last nine years, this year’s halftime show ranked third right behind 2015’s halftime show featuring Katy Perry and Lenny Kravitz, and 2016’s performance by Coldplay and Beyoncé.
But, enough about commercials and pop stars; the Super Bowl is about good old-fashioned football. Here are the top three most engaging moments from the Atlanta Falcons-New England Patriots match-up:
- At second and goal from the 2-yard line in overtime, Brady tosses the ball to James White, who scores a touchdown for the Patriots’ victory.
- With three seconds left in regulation time, Brady hands off to Dion Lewis, who goes out of bounds at the New England 48-yard line, leading to the first overtime in NFL Championship history.
- At the 1-yard line, Brady hands off to James White, who crosses the goal line for a touchdown. After the 2-point conversion, the game is tied at 28-28 with less than a minute remaining in the game.
Download the TiVo Post-Game Report
We have compiled all this information and more into The TiVo Post-Game Report. Click the image below to download it now.
Source: TiVo Corporation
TiVo’s analysis was prepared using aggregated, anonymous, live + same-day second-by-second audience measurement data from households with the Emmy-award winning TiVo® service. TiVo gauges the interest in programming content by measuring the percentage of the TiVo audience watching or re-watching any given moment in the programming. The most engaging ads and promotions are determined by looking for spots with the biggest bump in viewership relative to the surrounding 15 minutes of programming, offering a true reflection of change in viewership.
© 2017 TiVo Corporation. All Rights Reserved. TiVo and the TiVo logo are registered trademarks of TiVo Corporation and its subsidiaries worldwide.