Looking for something new to record or stream? Here’s what we’re recommending you watch this week:
Sunday, April 5th:
- Mad Men (AMC): There are only seven episodes left of Matthew Weiner’s stylish 1960s drama, and there are still so many unanswered questions: Whatever happened to Salvatore? Will Joan and Roger get married? And most importantly, are there any women left in New York for Don to disappoint?
- Wolf Hall (PBS): When your boss is King Henry VIII, you better hope your review goes well. In this historical drama, power broker Thomas Cromwell works to serve his king, his country, and himself.
Monday, April 6th:
- Sleight of Mouth (Comedy Central): In the spirit of more is better, this special features sketch comedy, magic, field pieces, and social experiments.
Tuesday, April 7th:
- Funny Girls (Oxygen): From suffering through bad dates, to working through material backstage, this docuseries follows the personal and professional lives of six female comics working in Los Angeles.
Wednesday, April 8th:
- I Love You…But I Lied (LMN): Ouch, that hurts! In this new original series, shocking family secrets and personal betrayals are hashed out via true-to-life reenactments.
Thursday, April 9th:
- The Comedians (FX): Egos collide when a comedy legend (Billy Crystal) is paired with an up-and-comer (Josh Gad) to star in a fictional late night sketch comedy show.
Friday, April 10th:
- Daredevil (Netflix): The Marvel Cinematic Universe has expanded once again with the addition of this live-action series. Blinded as a boy, but imbued with extraordinary senses, Matt Murdock fights against injustice by day as a respected lawyer and by night as a masked vigilante.
Saturday, April 11th:
- Modern Marvels: Panama Canal (HISTORY): The Panama Canal is getting a complete overhaul. Featuring exclusive footage of the billion dollar project, see what it takes to complete one of the largest construction projects in history.