Top Moments: The Emmys
The long anticipated Emmy’s took place last night and for those who missed it, check out TiVo Research’s Top Moments below:
1. 10:19pm – At the conclusion of the traditional In Memoriam portion of the show, Billy Crystal pays a touching tribute to his good friend and “for almost forty years, the brightest star in the comedy galaxy,” Robin Williams. Sharing anecdotes and reminiscing about their projects together, Billy delivers a moving homage that concludes with some moving and poignant clips.
2. 9:19pm – Woody Harrelson and Matthew McConaughey entertain the audience prior to presenting Benedict Cumberbatch with the Emmy for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Miniseries or a Movie for “Sherlock”.
3. 8:56pm – Host Seth Meyers takes questions from the audience, including one from Julianna Margulies asking for the Emmy if Maggie Smith wins, since Maggie is not in attendance. Seth says Julianna cannot have it because someone else (Jon Hamm) has already called it.
4. 9:57pm – Because Gwen Stefani mispronounced “The Colbert Report” in announcing Best Variety Series, Jimmy Fallon grabs the Emmy from Colbert, says there must be some mistake, and asks to see the card. Stephen proceeds to whisper his acceptance speech into Jimmy’s ear,and Jimmy in turn repeats the words to the audience.
5. 8:45pm – As Julia Louis-Dreyfus approaches the stage to accept her Emmy for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series for “Veep”, Bryan Cranston grabs Julia and engages her in a prolonged, lips-locked kiss until presenter Jimmy Fallon breaks them up.