Top Moments: 85th MLB® All-Star Game!
On the field, in the dugout, and even during the commercial breaks, it was all about Derek Jeter at the Midsummer Classic. From Jeter’s play on the field to his interview late in the game, viewers were inclined to watch and watch again. Preceding Jeter’s first at-bat, Nike aired its much anticipated Re2pect spot featuring a wide array of athletes, celebrities, and even Red Sox fans tipping their hats in tribute to the Yankees captain. Even viewers watching the game on a delayed basis hit ‘play’ to view this moving tribute. Check out the long version here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBoeNFz0NOM
- 9:34 p.m. – To begin the 4th inning, Alexei Ramirez of the White Sox comes out on the field to replace Jeter at shortstop as Sinatra’s “New York, New York” plays in the background. 41,000 fans roar their appreciation, as fellow teammates in the American League dugout shake Jeter’s hand. Jeter goes out on the field a second time to acknowledge the fans, tipping his cap.
- 9:40 p.m. – With the Dodgers’ speedy Dee Gordon at first, the Brewers’ Jonathan Lucroy hits a double to right field, scoring Gordon and tying the game at 3 runs apiece.
- 9:20 p.m. – Jeter goes two for two, hitting a bloop single to right field in the third inning and then taking second base on a passed ball.
- 10:27 p.m. – Even the Jeter interview from the dugout with Fox announcer Joe Buck ranks as a Top Moment.
- 8:30 p.m. – “Now batting for the American League, from the New York Yankees, the shortstop, #2, Derek Jeter.” This announcement was followed by a prolonged standing ovation, with even the National League players (on the field and in the dugout) applauding. Not one to disappoint, Jeter hit a double into the right-field corner.
MLB is a registered trademark of Major League Baseball Properties, Inc wildstar gold.