On Sunday night, The 2014 Billboard Music Awards took place and revealed who dominated the Billboard charts the past year. Awards were given to the top albums, artists, and singles in different genres. This year, after nearly a year of planning, Michael Jackson reappeared in front of the eyes of millions of viewers at home in hologram form.
So which moments did viewers watch most? TiVo Research took a look at the numbers. Here’s what they found:
- 9:18pm – The mesmerizing and baffling “live” Michael Jackson performance was the Top Moment of last night’s 2014 Billboard Music Awards.
- 8:46pm – After Kendall Jenner’s botched introduction, the #2 Top Moment of the awards was the performance by 5 Seconds of Summer singing “She Looks So Perfect.”
- 8:58pm – Katy Perry’s performance of “Birthday” via satellite from the Newcastle Metro Radio Arena in the U.K. came in #3.
- 8:35pm – Shakira performed her new single “Empire” with a fiery backdrop to claim the fourth spot.
- 9:58pm – Carrie Underwood and Miranda Lambert debuted their new single “Something Bad” to round out the top five.