Attention all TiVo Roamio Plus and TiVo Roamio Pro owners: As of this morning, Out-of-Home Streaming is available to you, allowing you to access live and recorded content via Wi-Fi… Anywhere. Anytime.
The new TiVo mobile experience includes full mobility and control:
- Out-of-home & in-home streaming: watch your live or recorded shows remotely anywhere you have Wi-Fi*
- Out-of-home and in-home downloading: download your content to enjoy anywhere so that low bandwidth or lack of a Wi-Fi connection never slows you down
- What to Watch Now: no matter where you are, TiVo’s second screen dashboard provides instantaneous personalized recommendations the second you pull up your TiVo app
- Remote scheduling: view the programming guide, manage recordings or set a Season Pass any time – no matter where you are
- Mobile Search & discovery: figure out what’s on whether you’re in the office or a hotel and enjoy the same browsing tools you have with your TiVo at home (including the TiVo editorial Collections and show, cast and actor information)
Trick? Not at all. Treat? Yes, and here’s another:
All subscribers with a TiVo Roamio Pro and TiVo Roamio Plus will automatically receive the out-of-home streaming feature via an automatic software and mobile app update starting today. No extra fee. No sticky set up process. No additional hardware.
So go on! Take your iPad to the hotel in the obscure town where no one else in your office wanted to venture, and be early to your doctor’s appointment because you have your iPhone on you. TiVo Roamio lets you roam free, baby. And roam you shall.
* Requires an Apple iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch device running iOS 5.1 or higher. Out-of-home streaming only supports streaming to one of your mobile devices at a time. Due to the copy protection assigned by the content provider, not all content can be downloaded to your mobile device for offline viewing, and not all content can be streamed when you are away from your local network. Visit tivo.com for additional terms and restrictions that apply.