Father’s Day is this weekend and it’s time to celebrate our favorite guy – dad. Whether you are spending the day at the ballpark, grilling out in the backyard or simply hanging with dad for a TiVo night in, Sunday is the perfect time to show our dads how much we love them.
This got us thinking. There are so many great TV dads, from Howard Cunningham on “Happy Days” to Archie Bunker from “All in the Family,” to celebrate this Father’s Day, too.
But we wanted to know: who is your favorite? When we asked our fans on Facebook, the top three favorite TV dads were clear:
- Al Bundy, the loveably gruff dad from everyone’s favorite dysfunctional family comedy “Married with Children”
- Phil Dunphy, the goofy father of three from “Modern Family”
- Cliff Huxtable, the father and grandfather to the Huxtable clan on “The Cosby Show”
And the runners up?
- Danny Tanner from the T.G.I.F. favorite “Full House”
- Peter Griffin from FOX’s “Family Guy”
- Michael Bluth from the newly revived “Arrested Development”
Who is your favorite TV dad? Did he make the list?