NHL Stanley Cup Final – Honda Owner Auto Ratings and Top Watched Moments of Game 6
The battle for the Stanley Cup came down to the final moments of game 6. As the crowd in the arena, and the Bruins, assumed the championship series would go to game 7, Chicago was able steal the win in the final minutes of the game with two goals within a 17 second window. With such an exciting outcome, TiVo Research and Analytics could not resist utilizing its second-by-second tune in data to report on the top watched moments of last night’s game.
Honda has made a great move over the last several years by maintaining their position as the official vehicle of the National Hockey League, so we ran a StoryFinder® Report to see how The Stanley Cup rates among Honda owners. Honda owners have a TV Auto Rating that is 28% percent greater than the average household tuning in – with Accord, Civic and Odyssey Owners leading the pack. Check out the infographic for more information:
Here are the top watched moments in rank order:
- 1. 10:50pm EST – Game Clock: 1:16 3rd Period – Score: CHI 3 – BOS 2 – Following the game tying goal, the Blackhawks go on the attack. Michael Frolik of the Blackhawks takes the shot on goal after crossing into the neutral zone. Bruins Goalie, Tuukka Rask, blocks and redirects the shot to the opposite side of the ice. Marcus Kruger gathers the rebound, lays it back to the blue line to Johnny Oduya. Oduya rips a one-timer on goal. The puck deflects off of Michael Frolik and rings off the post. Tuukka Rask is way out of position for the rebound giving Dave Bolland the opportunity to wrist the puck in over Tuukka Rask for the goal.
- 10:49pm EST – Game Clock: 1:30 3rd Period – Score: CHI 2 – BOS 2: With one minute and thirty seconds left in the game, and down by one, the Chicago Blackhawks pull their goalie, Corey Crawford. Patrick Kane brings the puck through the neutral zone and maneuvers through three Bruins defenders and rips a shot. Tuukka Rask deflects. The Bruins and Hawks battle it out in the corner for the puck. It ends up on the stick of Jonathan Toews who rushes in toward the net, slips the puck infront of the crease to an open Bryan Bickell that puts it in five-hole.
- 10:53pm EST – Game Clock: 0:15 3rd Period – Score: CHI 3 – BOS 2: With time winding down and the hopes of winning the Stanley Cup dwindling, Boston strives for one extra push. Boston pulls the goalie for an extra attacker. Krejci lays the puck over the defense into the Blackhawks zone. The puck takes a wild hop and has to be steered aside by Corey Crawford. The rebound is gathered by Brent Seabrook and redirected up the boards slipping past Zdeno Chara and Patrice Bergeron into the neutral zone. The puck is chased down by Jonathan Toews and as he falls to the ice he pushes the puck behind the Bruins goal. Time runs out and Blackhawks take The Cup.
- 10:46pm EST – Game Clock: 2:34 3rd Period – Score: CHI 1 – BOS 2: Following a save by Tuukka Rask, the Bruins have a chance to score and force a game 7. The puck is played off the boards by Johnny Boychuk. Johnny Oduya is too slow to the puck giving Brad Marchand the opportunity to speed down the ice and grab it. Marchand gathers the puck in the corner and lays it behind him to Tyler Seguin. From point blank range Seguin rips a shot that slams off the post.
- 10:35 pm EST – Game Clock: 8:00 3rd Period – Score: CHI 1 – BOS 2: David Krejci lays the puck around the boards from the neutral zone. Corey Crawford goes behind the net to retrieve the puck, but almost gives it away to the opposing Milan Lucic while passing it off to Duncan Keither. Keither passes the puck behind the net to have it intercepted by David Krejci. Krejci corrals the puck, then flips it in front of the net. Nathan Horton bats the puck out of mid-air, directing it to Milan Lucic. In front the crease, unguarded, Lucic wrists the puck off the post and in to put Boston up one.
If you’d like to take a deeper dive into the types of audiences that are tuning in to the NBA Finals or any other program, contact us email@example.com.
This blog post was originally published at the TiVo Research & Analytics blog.