Now Available: TiVo Premiere Elite   by

Four tuners. Two terabytes. Unlimited entertainment.

What has four-tuners, a two terabyte hard drive and is THX-Certified? It’s the TiVo® Premiere Elite! With four tuners users can enjoy recording four different shows while viewing a fifth recorded program. Plus with a two terabyte hard drive users can record up to 300 hours of HD! That’s two times more recording space than current retail offerings. Even with all of that, it still maintains TiVo’s gold-standard and easy to navigate user interface, integrating Web entertainment from Netflix, Pandora, Hulu Plus, Amazon Instant Video and YouTube, bringing Brilliant TV to life.

TiVo Premiere Elite Key Specifications:

• TiVo Series4TM architecture
  • Supports digital cable, high-definition digital cable and Verizon FiOS®
  • THX-certified DVR, offering optimal video and audio fidelity
  • Outputs: HDMI, Component video, Composite video, Optical audio, Analog audio
  • Video output modes include: 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p
  • Inputs: CableCARDTM, Cable coax, Ethernet
  • Additional support for USB 2.0 (2 ports), eSATA for external recording space, TiVo Wireless N or G Network Adapter
  • 2 Terabytes of recording space for up to 300 hours of recorded programming

The TiVo Premiere Elite is intended for use with digital cable systems only and does not work with analog cable or over-the-air antennas.  If you’d like to get your hands on the TiVo Premiere Elite it will available today through tivo.com, authorized home theater installers and Magnolia stores nationwide for $499.99 MSRP.  To learn more about the product visit www.tivo.com/elite

8 Responses to "Now Available: TiVo Premiere Elite"

1. Joel McBride says:

Any upgrade specials available for current premeire owners?

2. jay b says:

Ditto… Any special upgrades available to current (LOYAL) Premier owners???

3. Beverly Hall says:

I agree Joel. I would like to swap out an older model and purchase the Elite but I am currently in three contracts with TIVO now for three of their units,. Hope they let us purchase and stay with same monthly payments.

4. James Hall says:

Why did TIVO remove the over the air recording feature?. Over the air HD was always the best HD I received in my area. The cable card streams are always too compressed and those darn TIVO adapters that Time Warner uses never worked right.

I usually order the new TIVO as soon as it comes out with lifetime subscription. However, removing the ability to do over the air HD recording is forcing me to look for other DVRs that can still do that option.

– James

5. Martha says:

Love Love my Tivo, it is wonderful, i feel like i graduated from using VCR/VHS to this and i wouldn’t change anything, love it. also the customer service has been great in helping me deal with problems with my Tiivo and like me they won’t stop until the problem is solved.

6. Keith says:

Please don’t forget about us antenna users!

7. Tim says:

Great news! Can’t wait to get it, but will wait until a favorable upgrade deal comes along.

8. brennok says:

I definitely agree with others who are asking for an upgrade offer. I would love a good upgrade offer to replace my TiVo HD with lifetime.