TiVo counts down the top award show shockers
Awards season is in full swing! Here at TiVo we are impatiently counting down the days until our favorite awards shows roll out the red carpet and showcase our favorite stars in fashion. As you all set your TiVo® boxes for your favorite shows this year we thought we would share some of our favorite award show moments from years past.
- Halle Berry and Denzel Washington win Best Actress and Best Actor at the Oscars. It was Hollywood glamour at its finest when those two took the red carpet. Her dress, the speech, the always dapper Denzel, all come together to make this one of our favorite awards show moments.
- Julia Roberts takes home the Best Actress Award at the Oscars. As America’s sweetheart took the stage in her classic Valentino gown she was the epitome of a movie star. Her beauty and speech that night only made us love her more.
- Bjork sports her 2001 Marjan Pejoski swan gown. Award show fashion is one of the most talked about things of any award show and Bjork didn’t fail giving us all something to talk about.
- JLO and Puff Daddy step onto the carpet in her barely there Versace gown. Everyone knew Jennifer Lopez had stolen the red carpet when she strutted her stuff at the 2000 Grammys. For shock value alone this is one of our most remembered moments and outfits at an award show.
- Adrian Brody puckers up on stage. Adrian Brody is a great actor, which is why in 2003 he won Best Actor for his work in the Pianist. To the surprise of us and the presenter, Halle Berry, Adrian took her by the waist and planted quite a kiss on the beauty.
- A very special Clash tribute. At the 2003 Grammys Springstien, Elvis Costello, Dave Grohl, Steve Van Zandt and others took the stage and made this one of our favorite performances at an awards show.
- Our final award ceremony moment occurred during the 1992 Academy Awards when then 73 year old actor Jack Palance reached the stage to accept his Best Supporting Actor award and decided to do a one armed push up. The jokes that continued on that night (and the year after) after make this one of our favorite moments.
There are many more memorable and amazing moments we didn’t mention here, so please comment and share your favorites with us.
With a broadband-connected TiVo Premiere box you can check out some of these moments now through the YouTube™ application. Or, to make sure you don’t miss another shocking moment, schedule your award shows to record from tivo.com beginning with The Grammys on February 13th.